INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS CONCERNING THE COVID-19 VIRUS
The physicians at Alexandria Women’s Center have prided ourselves in providing competent, compassionate, and appropriate care to all of our patients. The conditions in our country concerning the coronavirus are rapidly changing and we want all our patients to be assured that we are working to keep not only our providers and employees safe, but also to create an environment where all of you can continue to receive safe and effective medical care. With these ideas in mind, we would ask the following of our patients:
- If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with a common cold including occasional fevers, fatigue, sneezing, sore throat, and headache we would ask you to please STAY HOME. If you have a regularly scheduled appointment, we would ask that you reschedule it until your symptoms have resolved. The coronavirus, like other respiratory viruses, is usually a self-limited disease that resolves on its own. There is no effective treatment as of now for this virus. Staying home will comply with the government’s urging for social isolation and be safest for all involved.
- If your symptoms worsen including fevers that do not go away with routine over-the-counter medications (above 100.4 F) shortness of breath, severe body aches, and a severe nonproductive cough, you may warrant further evaluation and testing. We would like to be able to accommodate your health care in a safe manner for everyone. Therefore, we ask that you please CALL AHEAD OF TIME for an appointment. We are working on measures to evaluate sicker individuals in a way that minimizes exposure for our patients as well as for our staff. By calling ahead you will allow us to triage your symptoms and formulate the way to best evaluate your symptoms in a safe manner.
- In an attempt to keep our patients healthy, we are now restricting appointments to ONLY patients. (I.E. no spouses or family members). If you feel like you need assistance with your appointment, please contact our office so that we can help you. We remain committed to keeping our patients healthy.
- Due to the growing concern of the spreading of COVID-19, Cabrini Women's and Children's Hospital has limited entrance to ONE LOCATION from the outside of the hospital. To gain entry, enter from the sky bridge on the second floor of the parking garage. You will be screened by a hospital associate prior to taking the elevators up to the 4th floor.
- Lastly we would encourage that you heed the warnings from our government and try to practice social isolation as much as it is possible for you and your family. Avoid large gatherings, wash your hands frequently, and avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms of a possible viral illness.
In many ways the coronavirus is just starting to affect our country and will continue to do so for the next several weeks. We are constantly monitoring all information and guidance given by the CDC as well as the Louisiana Department of Health. We are working on appropriate protocols and measures to appropriately evaluate and test our patients who need to be tested, and complying with the above recommendations will help us to do that safely. We continue to be committed to our patients’ well-being and to serving as your physician during this time.
Physicians of Alexandria Women’s Center